Expectations for the Student Athlete
Commitment and Dedication
We consider the student athlete to be someone special, someone who can take on and manage added responsibilities. The responsibilities are accepted in order to broaden the athlete and further develop strength of character. It has been aptly put, “You owe it to yourself to always do whatever you do in life to the best and fullest of your ability.” By being an athlete you are representing your school and your self. You automatically assume a leadership role when you are on a team. Because of this leadership role you can contribute to school spirit by your performance and high ideals. The younger students are watching you. Do not let them down! Give them high ideals to copy.
- All athletes, coaches, and fans are to conduct themselves in a manner as to reflect the Christ-Centered objectives of Timothy Lutheran School.
- Any student or coach receiving an unsportsmanlike conduct/technical foul will be required to sit out the remainder of that game. If it happens a second time during that same season the student/coach will be required to miss the remainder of that game and entire next game. If the student/coach receives a third one, they will be suspended for the rest of the season.
- Everyone is to speak in a Christian manner at all times to coaches, players, game officials, and all involved with Timothy’s Athletic Program. Anyone who does not conduct themselves in a Christian manner may be suspended for 1 game. If it happens a second time the person may be suspended from the practices and games for the rest of the season.
- If a fan speaks in a non-Christian manner, he or she may be asked to leave the building to help NOT promote such conduct. Remember we are examples.
This needs to be a matter of priority for you. Being a part of a team carries with it a certain responsibility to the rest of your teammates. As such, a high priority should be placed on attending all meetings, practices, and games. It is understood that today’s society is fast paced and conflicts will arise, but please do all you can to schedule appointments away from practices and games. You can be considerate by communicating directly with your coach when conflicts arise. If a student athlete is absent from school for any reason on a game day, participation for that day will not be allowed. Attendance for practice should be excellent. Unexcused absences or tardiness could result in ineligibility.
- One unexcused absence=1 game suspension
- Two unexcused absences=2 game suspension
- Three unexcused absences=an individual is off the team.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE ATHLETE/PARENT TO PERSONALLY INFORM THE COACH IN ADVANCE OF ANY ANTICIPATED ABSENCE OR TARDINESS.