Athletics Participation Requirements
- Academic Eligibility – All Timothy students working toward academic potential will be eligible for athletic activities at Timothy.
- Suspension – All students participating in school sponsored athletic activities who have below average grades in TWO OR MORE subjects (below C-) or who have a failing grade in ONE OR MORE subjects will be placed on suspension for a period of TWO WEEKS. Suspension means that such student cannot practice with the team or squad, play in any games or participate in the group’s activities during those weeks of suspension. Forms will be furnished for the classroom teachers to keep records of any low grades. During the weeks of suspension, the student must raise all below average grades to a C- or above. If class work has not been successfully improved, the student moves into dismissal.
- Second Suspension – If a student is suspended from the team for a second time during the season he/she will automatically be dismissed from the team.
- Dismissal – Means the student is removed from the activity for the duration of the sport’s season.
- Exceptions – Under special circumstances, the principal, teacher, and the athletic director may alter the probation or suspension policy on a week-to-week basis.
Each student athlete will be required to pay a $25 participation fee, to be paid before the activity begins. This one time fee will cover all sports the student athlete participates within that school year. This fee will help cover cost of uniforms and officials.
Health and Medical
Being in good health is important for the student athlete. Hidden health concerns may be amplified by the physical exertion of athletic competition. Although physical exams may not seem necessary at this age, we do require all our athletes to have a physical and to pick up a form from the school office for the Doctor to sign. We include all grades (4-8) on a 3-year rotation.
A permission slip must be completed and returned for each sport in which the student athlete is involved. These forms will be distributed at the first organizational meeting held for a given sport. (After that they are available from the school office.) A completed and sig