Elementary School Enrollment
Full-Time Student (K-8)
School Hours: 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Before School Care Hours: 6:30 AM – 8:15 AM
After School Care Hours: 3:45 PM – 6:00 PM
Home School Enrichment
Hours: 12:30 PM – 3:30 PM Tuesday and Thursday
STEP 1: Understand Enrollment Process
- When you decide you want to register, or if you are just interested in obtaining additional information, call the school office. We will be happy to talk to you on the phone or schedule an appointment at your convenience.
- Returning students are given first priority in enrolling at Timothy. Each spring when we start our enrollment process, we reserve time for returning students and Timothy Lutheran Church members; during that time we won’t enroll new students if doing so would take away a spot reserved for returning students and Timothy Lutheran Church members.
- After priority registration has been completed, open enrollment begins. When the room capacity is almost reached and we have more applications than space left, we will distinguish between applications based on the following priorities: returning students; other family members from returning students’ families; all others. The date of the application and receipt of the registration fee will be the deciding factor.
- Kindergarten enrollment will be limited to those students who are five years old before August 1st of the year he or she starts school. Students whose birthday falls on or after August 1st may request testing and probationary entrance into Kindergarten. You will be asked to provide a birth certificate or similar document with your application to verify age.
- The state requires certain health information to be on file for all students. Students cannot start school until this information is on file.
- Each student must be of the following age before August 1st of the school year for grade placement: Kindergarten – 5 years old, Grades 1 through 8 – First grade and above must provide a transcript of previous passing status and meet all testing requirements.
- Timothy Lutheran School reserves the right to determine final grade placement for any applicant or present student based on educational need.
- Timothy Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national, or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, athletic, and other school-administered programs.
- Upon admission to the school and when updates are requested, parents must provide the following information (on forms provided by the school): physician’s health statement, copy of birth certificate, transcript (first grade and up), field trip authorization, emergency contact information and emergency medical authorization.
- Admission to the school shall be with the understanding that parents have familiarized themselves with the philosophy and policies of Timothy Lutheran School.
- Priority is given first to students who have previously attended Timothy Lutheran School or who are members of Timothy Lutheran Church. Second priority is given to siblings of enrolled students who have not yet attended. The order of enrollment, and the waiting list for all students who have completed the enrollment process by the deadline (March 1st), will be determined with priority being given to families with longest enrollment history. If a number of families have the same enrollment history, the priority will be determined by whoever paid first.
After March 1st, enrollment is open to both new and returning students on a first come-first served basis. A parent can hold a place by paying the registration fee. Waiting lists are formed for those who are interested in holding a place after a class is filled.
Enrollment/Admissions—Timothy Lutheran School is open to all who desire Christian education for their children. To enter Kindergarten, a child must be five years old before August 1st. However, there are exceptions to these guidelines. Please see paragraph #4 under Registration Procedures.
Enrollment—The enrollment procedure includes receiving an enrollment packet which contains a letter, a brochure, and an application form. Parents must complete the application, provide copies of all previous academic records (report cards and standardized tests), and assert the truthfulness and completeness of the application by signing it. When the school receives and processes an application and the family has visited with the administrator, the family will be notified of a child’s acceptance or denial of enrollment. If an application is accepted, the family is asked to submit the registration fee which will hold the student’s place. Registration fees are non-refundable except in extenuating circumstances.
In February of each year, materials for re-enrollment are distributed to each school family to determine the number of students who will attend the next school year. Registration fees are to be submitted with the enrollment form to reserve a place for the students. Again, registration fees are non-refundable except in extenuating circumstances. When re-enrollment is complete, new applications can be reviewed. This is a most important process for us in ordering books and supplies.
Length of Enrollment—Students are accepted for enrollment at Timothy for one school year. Re-enrollment procedures must be completed every year for placement to be maintained for the upcoming school year.
The application for enrollment asks the family to commit to regular timely payments of all tuition and fees. The school cannot operate without this financial support. Registration fees are due with enrollment materials or, in the case of new applications, upon notification of acceptance. Weekly tuition and Childcare fees are due on Monday. Monthly tuition not paid through an automatic withdrawal from a checking or savings account is due on the 1st day of the month.
No student is allowed to re-enroll unless all tuition and/or fees are paid. Where outstanding tuition and fees exist, a family is required to make mutually acceptable arrangements with the administration to complete such payments prior to re-enrollment for the next school year.
STEP 2: Complete Enrollment Forms
Please open, print, complete and return all forms.
- 2018 Tuition Agreement
- Homeschool Tuition Agreement 2018
- Enrollment Form 2018
- Student Information Sheet (new students)
- Medical Information (all new students or returning students with changes in health conditions in the last 12 months)—due by August 1st
- Individualized Care Plan (for all new students with special health care needs and all returning students with changes in special health care needs in the last 12 months)—due by August 1st
- Consent Form
- Parent Responsibility Agreement Responsibility Agreement 2018
- Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate (all new full-time students)
- Transcript Request((full-time students who have attended another school)
- Payment of Enrollment Fee
- Automatics Tuition Payment Authorization Form
- 2018-19 Commitment Form