About Our Coaches
It is the intent of Timothy to have all coaches part of the school faculty/staff. At times it may become necessary to have parents help. It would not be in the best interest for a parent to coach a sport in which their child is participating. Despite good intentions to treat all players equitably, there are often disagreements over actual or perceived favoritism.
The Christian Coaches’ Creed
I believe that the sports by Timothy Lutheran School have an important place in education and therefore I pledge myself to cooperate with other educators to administer sports so that the value of athletic competition will be understood and accepted as an integral part of Christian growth. I believe that Christian sportsmanship is learned. I realize that I am a model to officials, players, and spectators. I believe that my actions will have a lasting effect on those who observe me.
Therefore I will…
- Accept and support the decisions of the officials.
- Contain my emotions and actions to the best of my ability in order to be a witness of my Christian faith, my church, and my school.
- Exercise patience, tolerance, and diplomacy in my relationships with all players, coworkers, parents, officials, and spectators.
- Teach the game for the benefit of all and seek to coach according to the spirit of the rules, remembering that the attitudes of the members of both teams are equally important.
I believe that I have a unique calling and opportunity as a coach to influence student athletes. My life as a Christian serves to show them the joy and importance of being a follower of Jesus Christ.
Standards for Coaches
As Christian role models for students at Timothy Lutheran School, coaches are responsible for the following guidelines:
- Dress professionally and appropriately for games.
- Tobacco is not to be used during practices or games.
- Foul and abusive language or insulting gestures are not to be used or directed towards students, officials or any other person associated with the activity.
- Abusive physical contact with students is PROHIBITED.
- Taunting officials or other participants or any other person associated with the activity is unacceptable.
- Conduct, which may result in fighting or incites individuals to anti-social behavior, will not be tolerated.